Meandering thoughts about pedal powered living…

...

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Welcome to Going For Nothing

So the guy who has never been able to keep a journal for more than 3 days in a row is going to try and start a Blog. HA! Several things have inspired me to start up with this “project,” Both of my Sister-in-laws have blogs (Beth Cavender: http://catchingupwithbethc.blogspot.com & Jackie Cavender: http://www.jakcav.blogspot.com ) and I have enjoyed reading about their lives. Amanda, my Beautiful wife, was a dedicated journal keeper for years. She has really enjoyed going back from time to time to re-read them and found them to be a great way to reveal God’s work over the course of her life. Having never been successful with hand writing a journal, I thought that perhaps this would be a better medium for me.

The name of this Blog, “Going for Nothing” was inspired by my preferred mode of transportation: The Bicycle. I use my Bicycle as an everyday means of getting around. This amazing machine helps me go wherever I need to go, it doesn’t cost me anything to get there, and it doesn’t spew poisonous gas along the way. My Bicycle has become a sort of symbol for my worldview. The things I think about while I ride, my motivations for riding, the inherent characteristics of bicycles etc…all seem to reinforce and coincide with the passions in my life. Essentially, I hope to use this blog as a way to take my experiences on my bicycle and use them as a spring board for examining life…

Welcome to Going For Nothing

Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment